The Washington Historical Society collects artifacts, objects, photographs and library materials relevant to the history and individuals. Currently, most of these items fall into the following collections which include:
- Washington history and government
- Washington businesses and commerce
- Civic, school, fraternal, professional, and religious organizations
- Dr. Harley Zinser family—personal and residential
- Military items of former Washington service men and women
- Photographic images, including postcards
- Period clothing of early Washington citizens
- Medical equipment and supplies, particularly in the first half of the 1900s
A printable Deed of Gift form is to be submitted with donated items.
Please read the Conditions Governing the Acceptance of Donations.
The Washington Historical Society welcomes a monetary donation of any amount online or by check. Checks can be made payable and mailed to:
Washington Historical Society
PO Box 54
Washington, IL 61571